1902 (about) - North
Beach Association, a summer colony immediately North of Campbell Park,
is "pioneered" by Wendell Topping, a Chicago real estate man. The
Topping cottage will burn down in 1941.
1903 - Scottville
Clown Band begins with its members dressed as hillbillies. The present
name and costume will be adopted in 1947.
1903 - George
Alexander Campbell [1869-1943] of Chicago makes his first visit to
Taylor Sweeney [1849-1926], Disciples minister of Columbus, Indiana.
Newly elected as President of the American Christian Missionary Society,
Rev. Sweeney is trying to establish a memorial for his late son, Joseph
Irwin Sweeney, and is considering the purchase of the White Elephant.
The two ministers meet with village leaders, walk around Pentwater Lake,
and also visit the future site of Campbell Park, "a 33-acre tract of woods
north of the pier...that Dr. [Edward Scribner] Ames had first discovered."
1903 (October) -
James Harvey Garrison [1842-1937] of St. Louis makes his first visit
to Pentwater, Michigan, "seeking a location for his future summer resort."
In 1904 he and Mrs. Garrison will will rent a cottage in Oceana Beach.
They will decide to "leave [Lake] Macatawa [at Holland, Michigan] to pioneer
at a less congested beach." In September 1904 Dr. Garrison and four
other Disciples (W.J. Halleck of Kansas City, T.T. Crittenden, Jr., of
Kansas City, J.L. Brandt of St. Louis, and C.A. Young of Chicago) will
purchase 40 acres from Oceana Beach and establish Garrison Park
between Lake Michigan and Pentwater Lake. in additiona to being a
Disciples minister, Dr. Garrison is editor the Christian-Evangelist
and will publish a weekly column for several summers called "Pentwater
Musings". In his autobiography, George Alexander Campbell will
credit the "pioneering" of Dr. Garrison for the existence of Campbell Park.
(The name of the cottage built by the Garrisons in 1905 is "The Pioneer".)
Both inhabited largely by members of he Disciples of Christ, Campbell Park
Park residents will share many joint beach parties and church
meetings in their early years. (Both "parks" continue today, but -- without
the ferry or bridge over the channel -- they are separated by many miles
of road, and their residents are now barely aware of each other's existence.)
1906 (about) - Dining
hall is constructed by the North Beach Association (NBA). It will be
used all summer by NBA residents until World War II. Campbell Park will
never have a similar facility.
1907 (July 15) -
Ellen Mears signs an option
in Chicago giving Edward Scribner Ames the right to purchase a tract of
land in Pentwater for $2,300. This date will be celebrated as the founding
Campbell Park -- named for Disciples founder Thomas CAMPBELL
[1763-1854], his son Alexander
CAMPBELL [1788-1866], or both (no relation to George Alexander Campbell).
1907 (July 18) -
Park founders Ames, Bushnell, Campbell, Fawley, Roach, and Wakeley
meet at the City Club in Chicago, consider the option signed July 15 for
the purchase of land from Carrie E. Mears, and agree for the Secretary
and Treasurer to ask eleven or twelve "subscribers" for an "initial payment"
of $100 each.
It's lost to history when the Campbell
Park founders first visited the undeveloped Campbell Park with their families. Did the the families vacation there in 1906 or 1907 or 1908? My mother [1901-1991] was only six years old in 1907. She remembered her family's staying one summer in a rented house near the channel in the Village of Pentwater. She also remembers their living in a tent one summer on their lot newly acquired in Campbell Park. In March 2007, I wrote a five-page essay about my mother's lifelong association with Pentwater and Campbell Park. Click here to see the essay (in Word format).
1907 (August 6)
Campbell Park founders Ames, Bushnell, Campbell, Fawley, Gates, Wakeley,
and Willett meet at the City Club in Chicago, agree "that the name
of the resort be Campbell Park, agree "that the two elevations [tallest
dunes] be named Willett Heights [Tank Hill] and Ames Heights [Tower Hill],"
name five streets, and draw lots for eleven building sites of two lakefront
lots each. James Harvey Garrison assists in the drawing of lots.
The first site (closest to the village of Pentwater) is drawn by Charles
Clayton Morrison. The eleven sites are allocated as follows:
Herbert Lockwood WILLETT [1864-1944],
(10) Mary Logan
(9) Arno L.
(8) Carl C.
Errett GATES [1870-1951],
George Alexander CAMPBELL [1869-1943],
Edward Scribner AMES [1870-1958],
(3) George B.
Charles Clayton MORRISON [1874-1966].
1907 (or later?)
- "Under the pines,
on the singing sands, by the cool waters." Brochure proclaims that
"The Campbell Park has been purchased by a group of Disciples mostly from
Chicago." The cover of the brochure depicts a
Great Lakes steamship (implying easy access from Chicago). The plat
pasted inside the back cover of the brochure shows avenues named for the
following Disciples leaders:
Asa BURGESS [1829-1882], preacher trained at Bethany College in Bethany,
West Virginia, and president of Disciples-related Butler College
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
ERRETT [1820-1888], founding editor of The Christian Standard
 in Cleveland, Ohio, and president of the Disciples national convention
Abram GARFIELD [1831- 1881], Disciples preacher, Union army general,
president of Disciples-related Hiram College in Ohio, Congressman,
Senator- elect, and assassinated 20th President of the United States.
Harvey GARRISON [1842-1931] -- Union army colonel, founding editor
Christian-Evangelist , president of the Disciples national
convention , and founder of Garrison Park on Pentwater's South
Beach -- but possibly also for his son Winfred Ernest GARRISON [1874-1969]
-- Bethany student, Disciples historian, and professor at the University
Kimbrough PENDLETON [1817-1899], first president of Bethany College
after Alexander CAMPBELL, president of the Disciples national convention
, and husband of TWO Campbell daughters: Lavinia [1818-1846] and
PROCTOR [1825-1900], Disciples preacher trained at Bethany College
in Bethany, West Virginia.
SCOTT [1796-1861], early Disciples preacher who popularized "the five-finger
Warren STONE [1772-1844], Disciples founder who led the famous Cain
Ridge Revival in August 1801 at Paris, Kentucky (near Lexington).
1908 - First
cottage in Campbell Park is built by Mary Logan Coleman [1880-1939],
neice of another founder, Christopher Coleman. She will marry Hugh T.
Morrison [1877->1971] the same year. So the cottage will soon become
known as the Morrison Cottage. When Campbell Park is incorporated
in 1919, Hugh will be named a shareholder, not Mary. She will die in 1939.
1908 - Charles
Clayton Morrison [1874-1966] purchases the Christian Century
for $1,500 and becomes its editor. He will remain editor for 39 years (until
1947), building "The Century" into what is today a widely read and highly
respected weekly paper containing religious news and opinion.
1909 (December 1)
- Charles Clayton Morrison [1874-1966] gives up his preferred building
lot in Campbell Park. He will, however, be a frequent visitor to the less
conveniently located cottage of his brother Hugh T. Morrison [1877->1971]
over the years to come. In 1948, Hugh will sign a power of attorney (on
Christian Century letterhead) giving "CC" the right to exercise his rights
as PHA shareholder.
1909 - Centennial
of the Disciples of Christ is celebrated
at a Centennial Convention
in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (nearest large city to Washington County, Pennsylvania,
and Bethany, West Virginia).
James Harvey Garrison is keynote speker.
The convention is preceeded by a vigorous debate over the issue of "higher
criticism of the Bible" and whether or not its leading proponent, Herbert
Lockwood Willett, should be allowed to speak. The Christian Century
of Chicago strongly supports Willett, and the Christian Standard of Cincinnati
strongly opposes him. In the end, Willett is allowed speak. A history
and description of the Disciples of Christ published for the Centennial
Convention is still in the Campbell Cottage at Pentwater.
1910 (February 21)
- Campbell Park leaders vote to contract for the construction of a walk.
A "1188-foot" boardwalk and steps to the beach at its south end will be
built later the same year.
1910 - Charles
Clayton Morrison attends the World Missionary Conference in
Edinburgh, Scotland, the "first major ecumentical movement of the century"
(according to the New York Times). Morrison campaigns for what will become
the World Council of Churches. The conference is also attended by
Sherwood Eddy, "a young man of wealth who is supporting himself in
mission work in India
8) - "The Kellogg", a large scow (barge), spills 900 tons of massive
boulders (each 3-12 tons) off Pentwater during a storm with no loss of
life. The hull will be towed to Muskegeon and scraped. Originally named
the "A.R. Kellogg", the scow was constructed by Thomas Rice Lyon
in Ludington in 1882 along with two others (the "Isaac Brown" and the "O.I.
Jacobus") to haul lumber to Chicago.
1912 - Steamer
schedule for 1912 shows two 75-minute sailings per day in each direction
between Pentwater and Ludington. The schedule shows that all departures
and arrivals connect with trains in Pentwater and with both trains and
lake steamers in Ludington.
1912 - Idlewild
Resort Company (IRC) begins to develop a resort community for African-Americans
about 30 miles East of Pentwater. The resort will florish from the 1920's
to the 1960's, attracting such headliners as Louis Armstrong, Bill Cosby,
Sammy Davis, Jr., W.E.B. Du Bois, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Joe
Louis, and Stevie Wonder. "Black
Eden, the Idlewild Community" will be published in 2002.
1912 (November 23)
A sudden storm forces all fish tugs to return to Pentwater. The
Brothers", the only steam-powered tug, waits for the gas-powered tugs
to reach safety. Then, as it tries to enter the channel, waves dash it
against the pier drowning all three crew members, including the father
and father-in-law of Campbell Park caretaker August (Augie) Christensen.
(This story will be related to Georgia May Campbell Lollis and Ted Lollis
by former Campbell Park caretaker Max Corey in February 1963.)
fleet totals fourteen tugs in 1914. Click
here for a partial list of fishing tugs owned or operated in Pentwater.
1913 - Swift
Lathers [1889-1970] begins to publish the Mears Newz, "The World's
Smallest Newspaper," read by generations of Pentwater folks. Lathers' home
in Mears is now the museum of the Oceana
County Historical Society.
Improvement Association is created by Bass Lake cottage owners. The
association will maintain roads, obtain electric power, and build a dam
on the Lake Michigan outlet to regulate the level of Bass Lake. The Bass
Lake outlet is a frequent destination for walks from Campbell Park.
1916 (July 28) -
court is built on the beach in front of the Willett cottage. Shifting
sand will be removed each spring until 1922 when the sand is too deep and
the tennis court is abandoned.
1916 - Charles
Clayton Morrison [1874-1966] quietly begins to call the Christian
Century "undenominational," thus gradually ending its direct affiliation
with the Disciples of Christ.
1918 - The Automobile Blue Book ("Standard Road Guide of America">, volume 4,
describes Pentwater as follows: "Pentwater, Mich. (pop. 1,129, alt. 585 ft.), lies between Lakes Michigan and Pentwater, the latter traversed by the West Michigan Pike, and contiguous to one of the most magnificant bathing beaches on the Great Lakes. The summer camp at Purdue University is located here; also a United States coast guard station. Within a radius of two miles are Campbell park, Garrison park, Oceana beach, Pentwater beach, and Bass lake. The town has canning industries and is a fruit shipping port." There are two advertisements: (1) "Tebbet's Garage, PENTWATER, MICHIGAN" Night and Day Service. Fireproof Storage. Accessories : : Phone 433" and (2) "VERBECK TAVERN --- Pentwater's Best. Right on the Pike, PENTWATER, MICH.
American plan, $2.50 and $3.00.
Maryland fried chicken and planked fish (in season) our specialty.
Phone your special orders ahead.
Free Auto Storage. Open the year 'round."
1918 - "An
exceptionally fine preacher" - A contemporary biography of George
Alexander CAMPBELL [1869-1943] written at age 49 just as he starts
a 20-year ministry at Union
Avenue Christian Church in St. Louis, Missouri. This biography has
been put on-line by the Rev. James L. McMillan who is researching the Stone-Campbell
Restoration Movement at the University of Illinois.
1919 (August 2)
- Pentwater Heights Association (PHA) by-laws are adopted at the
annual shareholders meeting.
1919 (August 5)
- Pentwater Heights Association (PHA) is incorporated as the legal
form of Campbell Park. Six shareholders own ten shares each:
--George A. Campbell,
5411 Vernon Ave., St. Louis, Mo.
--Carl C. Bushnell,
1433 Rascher Ave., Chicago, Ill.
Fawley, 145 S. East Ave., Oak Park, Ill.
Willett, 6119 Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, Ill.
--H. T. Morrison,
115 W. Miller St., Springfield, Ill.
Ames, 5733 Kimbark Ave., Chicago, Ill.
1921 (about) --
James Harvey Garrison sells "The Pioneer," his cottage in Garrison
Park, to Harry G. Raschbacher, a civil engineer from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The cottage is still owned by the Raschbacher family.
1924 -- Lighthouse
at entrance to Ludington harbor is constructed, replacing a 1871 light
station. This light is visible from Campbell Park.
1925 - Dr. and
Mrs. George Alexander Campbell visit Europe as members of a group led
by George Sherwood Eddy, a former missionary, YMCA official, world
traveller, and popular lecturer. The Eddy group attends the first Universal
Christian Conference on Life and Work in Stockholm, Sweden, August
18-30. The conference is "designed to deal with the relationship between
Christ and economics, industry, social and moral problems, international
relations and education." The leader of the Life and Work movement
is Nathan Söderblom [1866-1931], professor of the history of religions
in Leipzig, Germany, and archbishop of Uppsala. He will receive the Nobel
Prize for Peace in 1930. In the small group of Disciples attending the
conference are Peter Ainslie [1867-1934] and his bride Mary Elizabeth
Weisel. Founder and pastor of the Christian Temple in Baltimore, Maryland,
Ainslie is a famous advocate of Christian unity. A Peter Ainslie Lecture
on Christian Unity will be given in August 2001 during the celebration
of the bicentennial of the Great Revival at Cane Ridge, Kentucky.
1926 - Dr. Edward
Scribner Ames visits Europe and the Holy Land as a member of a group
led by H. D. Dunning, "a veteran traveler and guide" from Brookline,
Massachusetts. The trip is a prize for obtaining the most new subscriptions
to the Christian Century won by a group of women in Dr. Ames' church.
1926 - Swinging
bridge is built across the channel to replace "the old ferry scow"
which had operated since 1858. The "new" bridge is a former railroad bridge
moved from Elk Rapids and given to the village by the Pere Marquette Railway
Company. In 1948, after 22 years of service, it will be declared unsafe
and removed but NOT replaced. Apart from the cost of replacement, South
Beach residents presumably prefer to drive via the Long Bridge over
Pentwater Lake than be directly connected to the village.
1928 (May 4) - The
White Elephant is destroyed by fire, leaving a ruin in the center of
Pentwater. Corners of the gigantic building will be restored as an office
building and a movie theater (which is now the "Hancock Building"). The
empty center of the site will become the Village Green where a band
concert is held every Thursday evening in summer.
Wood's Dune Rides begin at Silver Lake. Taking the 40-minute ride soon
becomes a summer tradition for generations of Campbell Park residents.
1930 (August) -
community center (village office building) is dedicated on the site
where the Sands & Maxwell store burned down. In addition to village
offices, the building will house the Pentwater Library for many years.
Pentwater Museum is still in its basement (entrance from alley).
1930 - Dr. &
Mrs. George Alexander Campbell visit Europe as representatives of the
Disciples of Christ to the convention of the British Churches of Christ
in Leeds, England, on August 4-8. They are accompanied by their daughter
Mary Evalyn (age 18).
1931 - "Chores
and the Alter" is written by George Alexander CAMPBELL [1869-1943]
and published by the Bethany Press, St. Louis, Missouri (242 pages).
Everly Schmitt [1886-1969], future son-in-law of Ed and Mable Ames,
wins the Pulitzer
Prize in history for "The Coming of the War 1914." (See 1960 below.)
1932 - Mary Evalyn
Campbell [1912-1999] makes a series of oil paintings. Three are still
in the Campbell Cottage: Lake Michigan from Campbell Park, a dredge in
the channel, and a cottage garden near the channel.
Washout occurs near King's Canyon between Bass Lake and Ludington.
Suddenly washed into Lake Michigan, South Lakeshore Drive will be
rebuilt to curve around the washout. The curve is still there (just North
of Chauvez Road), but the spectacular "canyon" created by the washout is
now obscured by trees.
1932 or 1933 - Pere
Marquette Rairoad ends service in Pentwater after motor vehicles become
competitive. Passenger service actually ended in 1925. The same rail line
will continue to serve Hart for many more years, but it will be abandoned
in 1982 and converted into the Hart-Montague Bicycle Trail State Park.
Pentwater will have frequent bus service for many years, but that too is
now long gone.
1932 (October 15)
- George Alexander Campbell [1869-1943] is elected President of
the International Convention of the Disciples of Christ in Indianapolis,
Indiana. At the same convention, Charles Clayton Morrison [1874-1966]
is named one of four Disciples members of the Federal Council of Churches
of Christ in America, and Edgar DeWitt Jones [1876-1956] -- a frequent
visitor to Campbell Park -- is reelected president of the Association for
the Promotion of Christian Unity.
Alexander Campbell presides over the International Convention in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania. This the first convention in Pittsburgh since the Centennial
Convention in 1909. Afterwards Herbert Lockwood Willett delivers
an address at the grave of Archibald McLean in "God's Little Acre," the
Campbell Cemetery in Bethany, West Virigina. "Nothing finer was heard in
Pittsburgh," according to GAC.
1936 - The sea
lamprey is first observed in Lake Michigan. This eel-like predator
with rasp-like teeth will victimize lake trout, lake sturgeon, lake whitefish,
and burbot. By the mid 1950's, the lamprey will all but eliminate the native
population of lake trout and significantly reduce populations of other
species. In later years, the lamprey will be brought under control by treating
the steams in which it spawns.
1938 - Seiche
is seen at Campbell Park by Rosabelle Campbell McCartney and her 3-year
old daughter Jean McCartney: "Suddenly in the quiet lake she saw...a 'terrifying
white horse of a wave'... Grabbing the child, she ran for all she was worth
[and] barely got onto the beach steps over 100 feet away when the giant
wave...splashed high against the steps where she stood trembling with little
1938 - Manistee
National Forest is created East of Pentwater and Ludington.
1940 (March 10)
- "She died into glory as the stars die into the
sunrise." - Luna May JAMESON Campbell dies in St. Louis, Missouri.
An appreciation is written by her husband, George Alexander CAMPBELL, and
published in the "Christian-Evangelist," of which he is acting editor.
1940 (November 11)
- The Great Armistice Day Storm
is witnessed by John McCormack from his cottage in Campbell Park. The storm
sinks the "Anna C. Minch" about a mile from South Beach, runs the "Novadock"
and "William C. Davok" aground near Little Point Sable, and runs the "City
of Flint #32" aground just outside the breakwater at Ludington. For days
"the Campbell Park beach is awash with lifeboats, life rafts, planks, oats,
bedding, and bodies." The "Novadock" will be visible from Campbell Park
for many years thereafter. An historical marker will be erected in Ludington
in 1971 referring to the "Armistice Day Storm." Another will be be erected
in Pentwater in 1986 referring to the "Veterans' Day Storm." (The searchable
database of Great Lakes shipwreaks lists 12 "total loss" wreaks near
Pentwater between 1854 and 1947.)
1941 (Spring) -
Cottage is hit by lighting and burns to the ground just north of Campbell
Park. The nearby "Yellow Cottage" also burns. Pentwater firefighters save
neighboring cottages. Luckily, none of Campbell Park's ten cottages has
1941 - "Christian
Worship: A Hymnal" is edited by a Joint Committee of the Disciples
of Christ and the Northern Baptist Convention and published by both churches
(542 pages). George Alexander Campbell had been the Disciples co-chair
of the Joint Committee until he suffered a stroke in 1940.
1943 (July) -
Disciples of Christ", a series of three lectures, is given by Edward
Scribner Ames [1870-1958] to the annual convention of the Disciples of
Christ of Northern Calfornia in San Jose. The lectures will be published
as a pamphlet (46 pages). His previous works include "The Psychology of
Religious Experience," "The Divinity of Christ," "Religion," "Letters to
God and the Devil," and "The New Orthodoxy."
1943 (about) - Harald
Schade builds a wooden boat at Dune Crest. Schade is the Danish
husband of Adelaide Ames [1905-c1975], daughter of Ed and Mable Ames. The
boat fills most of the front porch, part of which has to be removed in
order to slide the boat to the lake. Dune Crest is the highest of Campbell
Park's ten cottages. It belonged to the Ames family from 1936 until 1944
when it was puchased by the Neilson family of St. Louis.
1943 (August 17)
- "He passed away this evening just as the sun set
in a glorious glowing sky." - George Alexander CAMPBELL [1869-1943]
dies at "Argyle," his cottage in Campbell Park. An
appreciation will be written by his friend
Scribner AMES and published in "The Scroll" of the Campbell Institute.
1944 - "Friends
Are My Story," the autobiography of George Alexander CAMPBELL [1869-1943],
is edited by Georgia May CAMPBELL Lollis [1901-1991] and published posthumously
by the Bethany Press, St. Louis, Missouri (253 pages). The last chapter
is about Pentwater.
1944 (March 28)
- Herbert Lockwood Willett [1864-1944] dies in Winter Park, Florida.
He taught a class on Monday and was scheduled to lecture Tuesday evening
on "Great Books of the Bible" but dies that morning. The Christian Century
devotes its lead editorial to him in its issue dated April 12. A noted
Biblical scholar, Willett was the first minister of the University Church
in Chicago and founder and dean of the Disciples
Divinity House at the University of Chicago, and its library is named
for him. The Willett cottage is inherited by his son, Robert Lockwood
Willett [1895-1973], business manager of the Christian Century.
1946 (May 4) - Pentwater
fish tug Pal and its crew are lost in a fire and explosion while
lifting nets in Lake Michigan. Click here for
a partial list of Pentwater fish tugs.
1947 - Charles
Clayton Morrison [1874-1966] retires after editting the
Century for 39 years. He will live 19 years in retirement.
1948 (September 11) - Death of George Alexander Campbell II [1929-1948], USMA cadet (pleeb) in a swimming accident during summer camp at the US Military Academy, West Point, NY. His sister Jane Campbell will meet her future husband John Palmer Chandler when she and her mother Mary Anielka Whaley Campbell go to West Point following the accident. GAC II is buried in the cemetery behind the Old Cadet Chapel at West Point. George Campbell (Camp) Murphy will be named for GAC II in 1971, thus preserving the family name for another generation. See Camp Murphy, 2006 (June 25-30).
22) - Hugh T. Morrison [1877->1971] signs a power of attorney (on
Christian Century letterhead) giving his brother Charles Clayton Morrison
[1874-1966] all of his rights as a PHA shareholder. C.C. Morrison has been
a frequent visitor to his brother's cottage in Campbell Park ever since
he gave up his own building site in 1909.
1948 - Road to
Campbell Park cottages is proposed by Dr. and Mrs. Charles Clayton
Morrison. (The Morrison and Willett cottages are the farthest from
the garage area.) The proposal will be voted down by PHA shareholders.
According to Robert Alexander Campbell, "the [road] issue [will] split
the place in two [for more than a decade]."
1949 - The alewife
is first observed in Lake Michigan. When the lake trout population
collapses in the 1950's, there will be no predators to control the alewife,
and the alewife population will grow rapidly.
Clayton Morrison and 35 other church leaders propose the so-called
or "Morrison" plan for a united Protestant church.
Walked on Singing Sands" is written by Georgia May Campbell Lollis
[1901-1991] and read to friends in Indianapolis, Indiana. Her lengthy paper
links all who have frequented the Lake Michigan beach: Indians, French
explorers, lumbermen, sailors, and Campbell Park cottage owners. She previously
wrote "Michigan Minutia" and will later write "We Walked on Singing Sands"
(about 1965), both about Campbell Park.
1949 (August 17)
- "Pentwater Heights Association (PHA) incorporation is extended.
Ten shareholders own a total of 60 shares:
--Hugh T. Morrison,
Old Pueblo Club, Phoenix, Ariz. (10 shares)
--Carl C. Bushnell,
unknown address (10 shares)
Ames, 5722 Kimbark Ave., Chicago, Ill. (5 shares)
Ames, 448 Warren Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio (5 shares)
Willett, 643 Library Place, Evanston, Ill. (10 shares)
Reichelt, 225 Argyle Road, West Palm Beach, Fla. (10 shares)
Campbell, 207 E. Liberty, Barrington, Ill. (2-1/2 shares)
Lollis, 5872 Julian Ave., Indianapolis, Ind. (2-1/2 shares)
Auer, 6 Gray Bridge Lane, Clayton, Mo. (2-1/2 shares)
Campbell, 6325 McPherson, St. Louis, Mo. (2-1/2 shares)
1950 to the present
- Click here
for Part 3 (covering years 1950 to the present). Click
here to return to Part 1 (covering years up to 1900).